||The Culinary Nutrition Collaborative announces its 2nd Annual, "A Taste of Culinary Nutrition from Around the Globe". This weekly series to be held in February and March will cover 6 global food cultures, including: Mexican, Guatemalan, Russian/Ukrainian, Ethiopian, Korean, and Haitian. We welcome RDNs, health professionals, chefs and nutrition students to participate in a series of hands-on workshops covering a selection of food cultures from around the world through the lens of culinary nutrition.
Join us as we continue to diversify our plates and our palates and most importantly, enhance our knowledge as practitioners of a diverse population. A ticket to this series includes registration to 6 interactive culinary workshops held weekly on Thursdays at 6-8pm ET from February 3rd until March 10th.
This series has been approved for 12 CEUs, including the ethics requirement.
- Thursday, February 3, 2022 - Mexican Cuisine - Christy Wilson, RDN
- Thursday, February 10, 2022 - Guatemalan Cuisine - Alice Figueroa, MPH, RDN, CDN
- Thursday, February 17, 2022 - Russian/Ukrainian Cuisine - Inga Voloshin, RDN, CDN
- Thursday, February 24, 2022 - Ethiopian Cuisine - Wintana Kiros, RDN, LDN
- Thursday, March 3, 2022 - Korean Cuisine - Maggie Moon, MS, RD
- Thursday, March 10, 2022 - Haitian Cuisine - Carlie Saint-Laurent Beaucejour, MS, RD
Each session will be led by a different chef/RDN who will present important aspects of their food heritage in a cook-along style demonstration for participants (cooking along is optional). Presenters will cover key ingredients and food traditions, as well as concrete recommendations for healthy recipe modifications without compromising the cultural significance of the dish. All sessions will be held LIVE on Zoom and will be recorded for those that are not able to join for some or all of the actual event.
Use Coupon Code "EARLY BIRD" at Checkout for $50 off each Full Priced Ticket until Dec 31st, 2021.
Student tickets: $79 for entire registration period (proof of Student ID requested)
*Full Price and Student Tickets available for purchase until Feb 1st, 2022 at 11:59pm ET.*
A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics newly established Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) Fund and the Eat Well Exchange.
||Liz Jalkiewicz, RDN, LDN is the founder of the blog, The Dietitian Editor, which educates and empowers registered dietitian nutritionists to improve upon their writing and editing skills, in order to effectively communicate their food and nutrition messages to the world.
With over 15+ years in the field of dietetics, Liz is a nutrition communications expert with a background in writing, editing, media, retail, and marketing & communications. Her editorial services include copyediting and proofreading, along with freelance writing. Editorial services are an essential part of the writing process. Copyediting and proofreading services will help your content shine and stand out above the rest. In addition to educational resources through her blog, Liz provides editorial services to registered dietitian nutritionists, food brands, food associations, and commodity groups.
There are many benefits to working with a third-party editor to review your content for your brand. Here are Liz's top three:
1. Editors save you time. An editor is that second set of eyes that every writer needs to give a fresh, unbiased perspective on your content.
2. Editors save you money. Using an editor from the beginning can significantly reduce the costs of revising, republishing, or reprinting flawed content.
3. Editors help your brand look good. As a trusted source of food, nutrition, and health information, it’s important to put your best foot forward and clearly communicate your message to your ideal client.
For more information on Liz’s services, visit www.thedietitianeditor.com.